Saturday, January 28, 2012

Heidi's Baking Fun Challenge - Lemon Cordial

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but we have been very busy packing to move! Even though this week has been rather busy, I still had time to make something to enter into ‘Heidi’s Baking Fun Challenge’ which is ‘Smoothies and Cold Drinks’ this fortnight and I made Lemon Cordial!


It is very easy and quick to make.
All you need is:

1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of sugar

Put both ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat on the stove until the sugar has dissolved.  Pour the syrup into a jug/bowl and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.  Then pour it into a glass bottle.  Cut a slice of lemon in half and pop it into the bottle of cordial.  Pour a little into a glass and top up with cold water and ice.
Enjoy!


Love Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Dear Nancy - I just want to say how lovely your lemon cordial was! I Love you so much and thank you for helping me so much during the move:) Your sister, Kelly-Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that looks so refreshing! I wish I had one right now, it's really hot at the moment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy
    This looks beautiful!! I love the sugar around the sides and I love lemon drinks too!
    Thank you for sharing it with me at my baking challenge.
    Have a great weekend
    Lots of love
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks like a cool, refreshing delicious drink! Well done, Nancy!
    ~Tane♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious and so simple. I'll have to try it sometime. :)

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy bet it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete